The County of San Diego COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program provides an emergency rental assistance grant to income-eligible households in qualifying areas that have been affected economically by the COVID-19 pandemic. The program will provide a grant of up to $1,500 per month for two months for emergency rental costs distributed in the form of a payment direct to your landlord/property management company. Awards will be selected through a random lottery.
The deadline is 11:59 p.m. tonight!
▪ Eligible Areas: Residents of the unincorporated County, as well as the Cities of Coronado, Del Mar, Imperial Beach, Lemon Grove, Poway, and Solana Beach. These areas are shown in blue on the map below. Not sure where your unit is? Please check here to find out before applying.
▪ Eligible Income: Household income (prior to COVID-19 related income loss) must fall at or below 60% Area Median Income as of January 2020 as established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Income eligibility is determined both by total household income and number of persons residing in the unit. Please check your income on the chart below.
▪ COVID-19 Related Financial Hardship: Households must have experienced a financial hardship directly related to COVID-19. This includes a loss of income due to job loss, reduction in hours, furlough, or compliance with public health orders to self-quarantine.
▪ Households must not receive any other forms of rental assistance payment.
▪ Only applicants with an eligible immigration status are eligible to receive payment.
You will be required to provide documentation for each of these eligibility criteria if selected.