The City of Imperial Beach will apply a slurry seal preservation treatment over Palm Avenue from Seacoast Drive to 3rd Street. This work is part of the City’s street maintenance program to extend the street’s service life and minimize further deterioration while restoring the appearance of the street pavement.
The slurry seal application will be done on two days. The first application will be Monday September 20, 2021, and the second application will be Monday September 27, 2021. For the slurry seal application, a full street closure will be necessary from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- No driving or parking permitted
- Please postpone deliveries and notify guests
- Cars parked in the “No Parking” area will be towed away, at the owner’s expense
- No sprinklers and watering during this time
- Slurry sticks to and stains bicycles, cars, clothes and shoes up to a few hours after it is applied. Please avoid contact until it is dry, and the street is reopened to traffic
- Pedestrians will be able to cross Palm Avenue at the crosswalks at Seacoast Drive, 2nd Street and 3rd Street